You can view a super-quick overview of each of the project management Knowledge Areas in this Slideshare PowerPoint deck. I wanted to thank you for all of your videos posted on PMC Lounge. I watched every single one at least once and they provided an approach https://remotemode.net/ to learning the material that made things not only stick, but ingrain what it means to be a PM. Thank you kindly, I couldn’t have passed my PMP exam without you. I had taken the “official” CAPM course from PMI but was struggling with the material.
There are a number of different techniques for tracking schedule progress including earned value management and percent complete. There is a whole other PMI practice standard for scheduling, so this KA doesn’t have a ton of detail in about the ‘how’. This Knowledge Area looks at everything to do with managing project scope. Ultimately, the end result is that once you have worked through the relevant processes, you know what the project is going to deliver. After your purchase, you will receive an email to download this document.
These Performance Domains cover critical aspects of project management, offering a more holistic and integrated view of the project management process. As a result, project managers can focus on value creation and adaptability rather than following a strict, prescriptive approach. In the 7th edition of PMBOK, we see these standards pivot from project management processes to project delivery principles. Since 1996, PMBOK has provided aspiring project managers with the perfect companion to prepare for the PMP certification exam. The latest PMBOK edition, PMBOK 7, is set to launch August 1, 2021, and will include essential study material for prospective project managers. The latest version of PMBOK features performance domains instead of knowledge areas.
Due to the increasing number of professionals in the project management industry, many people are considering pursuing a Post Graduate Program in project management. In this course, I have covered all important parts of PMBOK6. You will learn about all the knowledge areas, processes, their inputs, outputs & tools/techniques.
Nitin Pagare, PMP
Take a look at the 10 things project managers should know that go beyond the ‘simple’ textbook understanding — those are the skills to work on next. Many project managers on smaller projects don’t have the final say on how much money pmbok6 is allocated to their project, or final sign off on how it is spent. If you are going to do the job, you should have authority to do it all. Basically, each Knowledge Area is a category of concepts and processes with a common goal.
- Twproject is a highly flexible project management tool for teams of all sizes.
- Took my exam on April 4th, made AT, AT, T. I am sincerely grateful, PMC Lounge contributed immensely to my success.
- Elizabeth is also the founder of the Project Management Rebels community, a mentoring group for professionals.
- Hi Shoaib, I have attended my PMP exam on 28 Aug 2021 and I received my certificate on 30 Aug 2021.
Schedule – Maintain a steady pace to complete the project within the required timeframe. Scope – Document all project goals and deliverables, deadlines, and budgets to better plan for the project. Here are the major differences between PMBOK 7 vs PMBOK 6 to watch out for as you study for the PMP exam. The Agile concept is incorporated in all 10 knowledge areas. Each knowledge area will contain a section entitled Approaches for Agile, Iterative and Adaptive Environments, describing how these practices integrate in project settings.
Namratha Maddirala, PMP
The videos are relatively easy to understand, Concepts are well defined and explained, Crucial topics are covered thoroughly. This high quality content gave me the boost essential to succeed in this exam. Started and ended my preparation journey with PMC lounge videos. Once a project manager has selected an initial development approach, project tailoring encourages the manager to adapt a project’s specs to meet all project requirements.
- PMI will not reprint the 6th Edition after the current supply has run out.
- He also presents his video that shows the development of the new processes flow, that you can download on his website (ricardo-vargas.com).
- Even though I didn’t took 35 PDUs thru PMCLounge, but for better/more understanding I used their platform.
- Also, they must be able to motivate and lead project teams toward achieving goals by leveraging team members’ diverse skills and strengths.
- The PMBOK 6 provides a schedule that allows project managers to complete the project in a timely manner.